“Website”). We at WPS Compliance Consulting Ltd (WPSCC) take your privacy
seriously. This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal
data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection
- For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any
enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed
to Lara Ayris at our address WPSCC LTD, The Granary, Barnfield Farm, Finedon
Road, Finedon, Northamptonshire, NN9 5NQ.
- By using the Website you consent to this policy. We are registered with the
Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
- We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by
you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and
telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent.
Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to be listed on the Build
Enfield Business Opportunities Directory.
- We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our
website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic
data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not
identify you personally).
- No Payment information will be requested or stored.
Use of your information
- We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance
with the DPA and GDPR.
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to
enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual
commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following
8.1 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or
service/product changes, that may affect our service;
8.2 Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to
provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply
with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected
third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be
- If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties’ use, you can do so
by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email to
[email protected] at any time.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals
to advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical
information about our visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
- If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can
revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or
want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the
address detailed in clause 2 or email us at [email protected] at any time.
Where we store and transfer your data
- As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the
information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries
outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server
hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be
based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA – this is
generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by
staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our
website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
- A transfer of your personal data may happen if any of our servers are located in a
country outside of the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country
outside of the EEA. If we transfer or store your personal data outside the EEA in
this way, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights
the DPA and GDPR. If you use our service while you are outside the EEA, your
personal data may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with
- We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or
political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- We may disclose your personal data outside of our group: (a) in the event that we
sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal
data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and (b) if
WPSCC’s business is bought by a third party, in which case personal data held
by it about its customers will be one of the assets to transfer to the buyer.
However, any such transfer will only be on terms that the confidentiality of your
be complied with by the recipient.
- Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required
to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply
with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
- You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing
purposes by contacting us at [email protected]
- The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee
the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission
is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict
procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you
can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this
password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone
Third party links
- You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites
should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not
accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no
control over them.
- Our site only uses strictly necessary cookies to reduce the risk of cross-site
request forgery; these are destroyed when exiting your browser and contain no
- The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by
us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of
what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the
address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to [email protected] There
is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data
that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting
- You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to
how we may use your date. You also have the right to request that we cease
using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to
you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address
detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to [email protected]
Changes to this policy
- We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer
feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are
protecting your personal data.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this
Barnfields Farm, Finedon Road, Finedon, Northamptonshire, NN5 9NQ or
Version: March 2020