There are many things to consider when thinking about construction site traffic and how vehicles and routes will be managed. At WPSCC we can help you to set out a construction traffic management plan and ensure your staff, vehicles and the general public are kept safe at all times when on and near your site.
The main aims of a Traffic Management Plan are to:
- Ensure extra traffic generated by a construction site will arrive and leave the site safely
- Ensure that the proposed traffic routes are adequate for the vehicles required
- Ensure that the safety of other road users in the vicinity will be maintained
- Ensure that neighbouring roads will not be hindered by illegal / unreasonable extra parking
- Propose on-site safety procedures for traffic movements and parking
Why Do You Need A Traffic Management Plan?
Traffic Management Plans are required for compliance with BREEAM Tra 05 Travel Plan standard. They are also required for compliance with BREEAM Man 03 Construction Site Impacts standard. This covers the monitoring, recording and reporting of energy, water and transport consumption data.
Other plans which are required for BREEAM Man 03 include Water Management Plans, Energy Management Plans, Carbon Monitoring Procedures, Pesponsible Pourcing of Pite Timber, Environmental Management Systems, and Green Travel Plans. The latter is also required for BREEAM Tra 05.
Call us on 01604 859961 or use the Get in Touch button to find out more and to get a quote today!